Keira High School Library
The Library is a vibrant learning environment focused on developing and enriching our students' lifelong learning skills.
The purpose of the Library is to:
- Provide a welcoming space for teaching and learning experiences across the grades within the secondary school curriculum
- Support the school’s curriculum through the selection, acquisition and organisation of resources
- Co-operate with teachers in the planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning programs
- Provide opportunities for students to develop information skills and use them confidently and competently without resorting to plagiarism
- Extend and enliven students’ learning experiences and enrich their lives through the effective use of a wide range of print and digital resources
- Provide experiences to stimulate reading and promote an enjoyment of reading and learning
- Provide senior study facilities and resources for senior students completing assessment tasks and studying for their HSC
- Provide careers education, information and advice
The Library is staffed by qualified Teacher Librarians, Careers teacher and Library Assistant. Opening hours are 8.20am until 3.10pm every school day. Students can access the facilities before school and during the recess and lunch breaks for research, borrowing books, using computer facilities, study and homework, careers information, playing chess or just finding a quiet space to read.
The Library collection includes fiction and non-fiction books, reference materials, HSC study materials, newspapers and magazines. A virtual library of online resources is available for students to access from school or home. Students also have access to an e-library containing e-books and audio books. Computers are available for students to use during class and for private study. Printing and photocopying services are also provided.
The following links will provide you with access to online information and services.
KHS Virtual Library – a complete library of online information and resources for students and staff for assignments, homework, research, wellbeing and recreational activities.
KHS Library Catalogue – Search for resources and manage current book loans through Oliver, our Library Management System.
KHS e-Library - Borrow eBooks and audio books from our e-Library. Here is a video tutorial showing how to access and borrow from the e-Library.
Wollongong City Library – Search the catalogue or access online information through databases for assignments, homework and study. Here is a video tutorial showing how to access and borrow eBooks from Wollongong City Libraries.
State Library of NSW – Access a wide variety of online resources for assignments, HSC help, homework and study.
If you require further information about any of the services or resources available through the Keira High School Library, please contact the school on 02 42294644.