Keira High School provides excellent ICT facilities. To complement theses facilities students are encouraged to bring their own computer or tablet to school to enhance the learning experience within classrooms.
Students from year 9 and up should be bringing a device to school daily. Other years can choose to bring a device to if they wish to use it in class.
Recommended tablets are:
- Apple iPad - iOS 11 or higher
- Android Tablet - Android 5.0 or higher
- Windows tablet - Windows 10
Recommeded laptop devices are:
- Mac Laptop with OSX 10.10 or higher - older devices may work
- Windows Laptop with windows 8 or 10 - 7, Vista and XP cannot be used at school
Note. Windows machines should have the following minimum specifications
- Dual Core processor Intel or AMD
- 4GB of Ram
- At least 128GB of storage.
- 5hour Battery life.
Protective case is recommended for all devices.
Please complete and return a BYOD Form before bringing a device to school.
BYOD forms can be returned to the Computer coordinator or Technology Support officer.
Mobile phones not suitable
Please note that mobile phones cannot be used as BYOD devices as they cause disruptions in classes.
Video How to Guides: